The origins of the Drummondville trail go back to 1951. At the time, the trail was located behind the current Hôtel Dauphin, on Boulevard Bernard. Since 1968, the track has been located at 1155, Boul. St-Joseph West. Over the years, its configuration has changed a few times. Until 1998, its length was 5/8 of a mile. In 1999 and 2000, it had been reduced to 3/8 mile before being increased to ½ mile since 2001. The track is currently sanctioned by World Racing Group (DIRT Motorsports Inc.) and racing programs take place mainly on Saturday evening from May to September. In addition to local races, the track features annual Super DIRTcar Series and World of Outlaws events .